Green Bean Snippers
Small Bean Snipper
- The Small Bean Snipper features a processing capacity of approximately 750 pph while maintaining a 95 – 99% efficiency rate.
- When not used for fresh market, production rates of 1,000 to 1,200 pph may be achieved.
- In a typical application, green or wax beans are processed through a Presnipper and then fed to a Mid-Size Snipper to cleanly snip off both ends of the bean.
Mid-Size Bean Snipper
- The Mid-Size Snipper features a processing capacity of 2,500 pph while also maintaining a 95 – 99% efficiency rate.
High Capacity Bean Snipper
- The High Capacity Snipper features a processing capacity of 6,000 pph while maintaining a 90 – 98% efficiency.
- With eight rows of knives it ensures this efficiency while giving it a high product surge capacity during peak delivery.
Cluster Cutter & Presnipper
- In a typical application, green beans are first processed through a SOWA gross cluster cutter and an Air Cleaner before being fed into the Cluster Cutter.
- The Cluster Cutter gets rid of the remaining bean clusters as well as starts the snipping process in order to give the following Snipper a much higher snipping efficiency.
- The Presnipper has a processing capacity ranging approximately 6,000 to 8,000 pph depending on the quality of the incoming product and bean / sieve size.
- If used after a gross cluster cutting process, it can maintain upwards of 95% declustering, 70% long stalk and stem reduction and 60% presnipping efficiencies.
- With eight rows of knives, it ensures this efficiency while giving it a high product surge capacity during peak delivery.
Cluster Cutter / Dirt Reel
SOWA- Cluster Cutter / Dirt Reel
- The SOWA is a dual purpose machine used on beans for both gross cluster cutting as well as being utilized as a dirt reel helping get rid of harmless extraneous vegetable material and pin beans.
- It is best used shortly after the initial receiving in order to clean up the beans before further processing.
- Beans are fed into the infeed end of the trunnion mounted reel and pass over nine rows of specially designed hooks.
- These hooks mildly rock the beans while capturing clusters and bringing them up to a sickle bar mounted at the top of the reel which cuts the cluster.
- The reel is constructed of stainless steel screen with .25” square opening for initial dirt removal.
Air Cleaner / Trash Separators
Air Cleaner- Trash Separators for Raw Product
- Our family of Multi-Purpose Raw Product Air Cleaners are used on various unprocessed products such as unhusked corn, beans and other vegetables separating out loose trash and heavy debris from the product flow.
- For both model types, product is conveyed onto the vibratory infeed pan which uniformly dispenses the product.
- Models 12 & 20 use a three drop system where the good product is lifted over the first chamber while any heavy debris, such as rocks, falls down for removal.
- As the good product is lifted any loose trash is then blown into the air chamber where it eventually settles and falls down for removal.
- Models 30, 60 &100 use a two drop system where good product is passed over the created air flow which lifts out any loose stalks or other field trash.